Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth of July!


Because I am a Canadian, I have a unique perspective of America and of Americans.

As a Canadian in Pearlington, I can tell you this: the people I have met and the hundreds of friends I have made, have taught me that America IS beautiful and I see it every day reflected in the faces of those who live here and of those who came to help.

This is a great nation that deserves the very best leadership; men and women who can represent the nature of a people who forged an amazing nation, with an equally amazing potential, out of the wilderness that is this great continent. Canada and America share the longest undefended border in the world and have never taken up arms against each other in nearly 200 years.

Let it always be so. God bless America and Americans. I am proud to stand beside my brothers and sisters as we restore Pearlington to a better life. You have my respect and admiration.

God promised that not one of us will be lost. We are the same and we will not get where we’re going until all and each of us bends a knee to reach out a hand to those who struggle. As Americans and Canadians stand together, arms and hearts linked in a common purpose, may God bless our task and may each of us remember that Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark.

"Canada Jon" White

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home