Thursday, June 01, 2006

An Open Letter from Janet Dawson of Pearlington to all the Volunteers

Jon,

I just wanted you to know how much we appreciate all of the work that the volunteers are doing in Pearlington. Though a few ignorant and greedy citizens may grumble, most appreciate and praise the efforts of all the work that is being done to rebuild our community.

I sat at my parents home yesterday and watched as Eileen [Powers, from Canada] took down a brick wall by herself, one brick at a time, and as she brought each brick to the curb of the road. She worked tirelessly and never complained. The homeowners weren't even at home to help her, yet there she stood, one brick at a time, removing their debris. Without individuals like Eileen, nothing would ever get accomplished. The "hope" that each of you bring is immeasurable. Our hearts are truly full with gratitude and love for each volunteer. I hope that you will pass this message on to the volunteers as one citizen does not speak for the whole community.

Thanks again for keeping this web site and keeping citizens informed. I was thinking that someone might want to make some posters to place at the "Y" in Pearlington, showing when a community meeting is to take place. If you can keep me informed as to when/where these meeting will take place, I will try and place posters up at the post office area, on the main 2 roads and at the "Y". Many citizens are unaware of any scheduled meetings that are taking place. Also, I have $30 in Wal-Mart gift cards for office supplies, where would you like me to bring them?

Thanks again for all you do,

Janet Dawson

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 04 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janet,
I was one of the volunteers that was in Pearlington the first week of April. I "Thank you" for allowing us to come to Pearlington and help all of you. We as a group did not know what to expect when we got there. When it was time for us to go we didn't want to. There is a part of our heart, each one of us, that was left with all of you in Pearlington. We all felt as though we were leaving a job unfinished. Our plan now is to get back to Pearlinton and help again. We are looking into going back at Christmas time. I myself can't wait to get back and help again.
God Bless all of Pearlington.
Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home