Monday, July 31, 2006

Where Y'all From?


I’ve always wanted to be able to say: "When I awoke from my nap this afternoon...."

A friend of mine says that when you have a ton of things on your To Do List, it’s important to get your nap out of the way first. I never used to get one, but since I "semi-retired" last year, to concentrate more time on volunteering for Pearlington, I am more able to say:


When I awoke from my nap this afternoon, I had an idea. I would like, for the Reunion, to know more precisely where everyone who volunteers in Pearlington, is from. Charlie Holmes, of Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, says that the top three suppliers of Pearlington volunteers is North Carolina, Colorado and Canada. Think he’s right?

Let’s find out. Everyone who reads this, please send me a fast email, with your state or province in the subject line. Say hello, if you want to, but that’s all I really need. I would like to read the results at the Reunion and see if we can fill in all 48 contiguous states and 10 provinces of Canada. I have a great map I can color and then post on the blog.

Send your e-mail to: jonw@bconnex.net

If you are not on the Pearlington mailing list and would like to join, please indicate so in the body of the e-mail. This list enables me to send out group e-mails from my server to inform you of new postings and other valuable information, I sometimes don’t wish to post publicly.

Let’s see if we can color in the entire map of North America and beyond.

Have a great week. There’s lots of great info coming your way. Please check the Adopt-a-Home blog, as new families are being posted.

Thanks,
"Canada Jon" White


3 Comments:

At Monday, 31 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jon - I will look to see what I can find from our records.. but there's been alot from Ohio, Alabama, Tennessee and Florida as well, it will be close to find where most have come from..Laurie

 
At Tuesday, 01 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John I have been to Pearlington several times with our Church group and worked with Larry Randall on some houses. We are from Montgomery Alabama and have sent many groups. Do you also work with Larry? We are all there at different times but for the same purpose!
Beverly Brown

 
At Tuesday, 01 August, 2006, Blogger Jon White said...

Hi, Beverly

Of COURSE I work with Larry. That's the great thing about the cooperative nature of Pearlington and the mission of the Coalition of Disaster Relief Agencies (C.O.D.R.A.) there.

Thanks for all you do!

"Canada Jon"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home