Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Christmas in Pearlington

Here are some excerpts of messages I’ve received from Tammy Wake, a resident of Pearlington, concerning Christmas celebrations provided by volunteers:

“Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know what a wonderful holiday the children in Pearlington had. We were getting trucks almost everyday from different churches or volunteers. They brought all kinds of presents for the children. I believe for some children this Christmas was better then they ever had. I believe it was one of the better Christmas most people have had.”

Tammy goes on to say:

“We could use building materials because people are now starting to rebuild their homes. We could also use some folks who could give us an estimate on repairs to their house. A lot of folks need estimates for their insurance or SBA, but they can't seem to find anyone. We still have the food tent which is great. I try to go as often as I can and most of the time they have a little bit of food left, which I hope is due to people eating there. I see a lot of houses being gutted out which is a good sign. Several groups of volunteers gutted Sue Taylor’s house and she was very happy. I heard there is a group of volunteers from Canada here and we also made the news in Chatanooga TN. Some guys who are from there saw it and came to cut trees for us. Have a Happy New Year and keep in touch.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home